Sunday, September 19, 2010

Vikingman Duathlon....

Last weekend I completed my longest race and it kicked my BUTT!!! One of my best friends Kaley convinced me (I mean begged me!) to sign up for the Vikingman Duathlon a month ago and I knew it would be hard but I had no idea HOW hard it would be. After my parents were done laughing at me for signing up for such a big race my dad was right on top of it.... providing me a training schedule and a road bike. After a few days of training I was able to get Vanessa to sign up for the race and us 3 girls had a busy, busy, BUSY month of training. The race was in Burley so Vanessa and I went a day early and enjoyed some girl time and carb loading.
The day of the race was a little intense.... I had 2 flat tires and on my second I called my parents (almost in tears) to find out they made the trip to Burley to surprise us girls.... and it's a good thing they did! They were like our personal coaches riding right along side of us, filling our water, and changing my tire. The race was a 15K run-56K bike which we ended up running almost 3 additional miles due to bad signs. All in all it was an amazing experience and we all finished (which was our goal) Vanessa's time=4:13 Nichelle's time=4:30 Kaley's time=4:37
I don't want to even think about running... until next month!!!

2 comments:

Synergy Girl said...

Chalk it up to a bucket list experience...!! That is really cool...I can't believe you only trained a month for it...NICE JOB LADIES!!!

Brandon and Lynsay said...

Congrats friend!!! That is awesome!