Friday, January 15, 2010

Tyler's Birthday.....

I can not believe Tyler is 8!!! This year for her birthday she had an Ice Skating Birthday party. I made matching scarfs for all the girls and we bought them all matching necklaces and earrings. It was perfect..... UNTIL.....we got on the ice and realized that none of the girls could actually Ice Skate. We had to hold on to at least 2 kids at a time and half of the girls were crying. Not at all what I pictured in my head. One of the girls even told me, "I thought Ice Skating would be a lot cooler" Well... I did too! After ice skating Tyler had a few girls from class spend the night. Dustin had his first slumber party experience when he had to drive one girl home to get her blanket and then she woke us up again at midnight crying to go home. Dustin has now decided that any future sleep overs will require a pre-screening questionnaire. He was such a good sport through it all an even made all the girls "Jungle Pancakes" for breakfast.

2 comments:

Synergy Girl said...

HAHAHAHA!! Oh my heck!! Okay, I hate it when you think something out in your head, and then in real life, you are thinking..."What was I thinking??"

I do have to say that Dustin looked mighty graceful in that picture at the end there...he must have had a blast!!

Brandon and Lynsay said...

I cannot believe she is 8!! my how time flies!!! What a fun thing to do even if it didn't turn out perfectly. I love the scarfs you made they are super cute! I am not looking forward to sleepovers, atleast I have a few more years till then :)