Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas 2009

A Trampoline, a WII, New Bikes, Nintendo DS, MP3 Players, Barbies, Dolls, Lego's, Bakugans, Helicopters, Race Cars...... the list goes on! Almost a month after Christmas the kids are STILL opening their new toys. Aughhh.... So many toys!!!
Even though the kids were spoiled I am very proud of them. Not only did they have their "Stuff the Bus" tradition with Grammy but we sponsored a foster family for Christmas and they picked out everything for the foster children. Tyler even helped with a Mutual activity where the girls did service projects for canned food.
I think the kids most favorite part of Christmas was their new friend, "FRED" I am sure everyone knows about "Elf on a Shelf" by now. We had not heard of it until we visited the Marshals. The next morning the kids were searching everywhere for the elf. It was the cutest thing ever so I had to get it for them. I don't think I have ever seen the kids SO excited! For those who don't know.... A little elf sits in your home and watches the kids and every night goes back to the North Pole to report to Santa. Every morning when the kids wake up they have to find their Elf. Surprise.... Surprise... my kids, who have no imagination named their Elf, "Fred" At least they didn't name him "Elfy"

2 comments:

The McCulloch said...

Funny- I'm trying to catch up on all my blogging too. Glad you are starting a new tradition with older kids, we did too. Find the Pickle, I heard about the Elf too late to order one. Maybe next year.

Brandon and Lynsay said...

How funny! We started the elf on the shelf last year. Atleast your elf has a persons name. Chloe was only two last year and she named ours Christmas :) Its a super fun tradition.