Friday, March 13, 2009

Miko

For everyone who knows Miko, our little Shi tzu might say he is a little "slow". But.... we love him like he is one of our kids! Miko has never been able to do any "tricks" except go find his chew toy when we say, "Miko, go find your monkey" (I always thought that was cute!) So I was determined to teach him a real trick. For the last couple of months I have been trying to get Miko to "sit" before he gets his treat and he would just look up at me like he had no idea what I was talking about. Dustin kept telling me, "Where do you think the expression you can't teach an old dog new tricks came from?" Well yes I am blogging about our dog and YES.... finally today he sat for his treat. I am so happy! So of course we made him do it over..... and over...... and over to make sure it wasn't just coincidence.