Thursday, January 1, 2009

SNOWBOARDING

Last fall Dustin was determined to get me into snowboarding, I had done it a couple times before but had always been a skier. My first time out (Like every new snowboarder) was spent on my bum..... or face, crying, and yelling at Dustin for "making" me try this stupid sport. Thanks to my wonderful husband and patient friends....(Thanks Jimmy and Kaley!) I made it through the first day and didn't die. After just a few more times up I actually started to get it, and by the end of the season was suprised to find out I LOVED IT!!!

We had talked about getting the kids into skiing or boarding and decided this would be the year. We were all so happy when "Santa" got the kids snowboards for Christmas...... Then a little worried when the kids said they wanted to go outside and sit on the boards while they ride down a hill? We....I mean "Santa" didn't just spend A LOT of money for sleds?!?!
After finding out that the kids couldn't take lessons until they were 7 we tried watching some youtube videos and Tanner thought for sure he would be jumping off hills and doing tricks his first time out. We decided to venture out New Year's Eve and hoped for the best. We were amazed at how well the kids did! By the end of the night Tanner was riding up the magic carpet, strapping in and riding down the hill by himself. If he fell down he would yell, "Mom, don't come over here I can do it myself!" We were shocked! Tyler's first time was a little like mine.... a few tears and an hour at the bottom of the mountain making snow angels. We were so proud of her, she gave it a few more tries and by the end of the night was able to make it down the hill.
Over some hot chocolate we talked about the night and how proud we were of them. Tanner's only concern was that his girlfriend would be able to see him snowboarding so this is for you Kaley......




1 comment:

Kaley Sparling said...

i am the luckiest girl to have such an awesome snowboarding BOYFRIEND!!